Joseph’s Apollo Mixte
This was built in the same way as Rachel’s Dream Bike. Joseph and I first found the Apollo Mixte, then after purchasing it we went on discussing how we will customise it to his preferences, again mainly through email.
This is what we came up with.
- Extra long, lightweight alloy fenders with a fluted profile
- New alloy rear rack for use with panniers at a later stage
- New gum-walled tyres
- New clear/silver cable outer casings
- New dark brown, leather touring saddle with springs
- New dark brown shellaced handlebar tape finished with twine
- New seat post
- Drop handlebars
- Bar end shifter and aero brake levers with the cables going under the bar tape
- New MKS touring pedals
- Gold lug lining
- Polishing and reusing the rest of the parts to keep the price down
And heres how it looks: